In brief: Peterborough Presents is looking for an early career creative to work alongside lead artists on a new programme of outdoor, pop-up activities in Westwood / Ravensthorpe, Peterborough, called Westwood Encounters. The Associate Creative will be a hands-on role supporting all aspects of the project, from workshops to event management. You will have the opportunity to work on your own creative project in response to the local community’s needs/wants too.
Deadline Extended: 31st January 2023
The full artists brief is available as a word document or audio files. Please scroll down to find the relevant download buttons.
Some background information
The overall aim for Westwood Encounters is to run a series of pop-up, outdoor events and creative activity that is relevant and inspiring for local audiences. Westwood Encounters will be open to anyone, and hopes to engage two key audiences: men and young people. The events will be themed on play, or encourage playful use of outdoor spaces.
There will be two rounds of open commissions in which lead artists/creatives will submit proposals for activity which matches the brief. A community panel made up of local young people and men will choose which projects happen and support the overall delivery of the events. The Associate Creative will support all of these “Encounters”, and work with us and the community to shape what these projects and events are.
We are looking for:
– Creatives of all disciplines including visual art, performance, installation, outdoor arts, street art, poetry, music, dance, theatre, photography, and film.
– Creatives who have 0-3 years’ experience as an amateur or professional in their art form.
– Some experience of working with a club/group/community setting, either volunteering or participating.
– Some leadership experience (in either a formal and informal way)
– We particularly welcome applications from creatives who have a personal connection to the area / region of Westwood and Ravensthorpe.
– Creatives who are passionate about helping people to tell their stories or express opinions.
– Creatives who are confident to get stuck in and learn on the job.
– Creatives who are actively pursuing a career in the arts, or who aspire to
Peterborough Presents is committed to championing diversity in all its forms, particularly those who are underrepresented in the arts. We welcome the unique contributions that artists from all walks of life can bring in terms of their education, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, religion, disability, sexual orientation, and personal beliefs and opinions. As part of this process, we also monitor the demographics of artists who are applying for roles. This helps us to identify if we are reaching creatives from a range of backgrounds and, if not, how we can make changes to make this possible.
Associate Creative payment and expenses: £3000 plus £500 expenses
There will be additional funds available as production costs for your Encounter event/activity.
– We anticipate that the Associate Creative will spend approx. 20-30 days working on the project between January and June 2023. Dates and times will vary between each month and will be decided with the Associate Creative alongside each “Encounter”.
– Fees are inclusive of travel, accommodation and any other expenses.
– The Associate Creative must have their own Public Liability Insurance and be registered as self-employed. We will support you in setting yourself up if you are not currently registered.
Artists must also be available to take part in reflective and evaluative discussions about their work, during and at the end of the project.
Closing Date for Applications: Tuesday 31st January 2023
Artists notified: by week commencing 13 February 2023
Project launch: Feb/Mar 2023
Project Culmination: by June 2023
Evaluation: June/July 2023
How To Apply
– 3 – 4 examples of your work
– Answer the questions below
– Complete a quick demographics survey
We will accept:
– A written application (e.g. word document or pdf)
– An audio application in mp3 or wav format
– A video application in mp4 format
Please also include your name, age, pronouns, house address, email address, contact number when submitting your application.
Applications should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for applications has been extended and is now Tuesday 31 January 2023. Please note that the downloadable documents and audio files still has the old date!
Questions to answer:
- Tell us about yourself, your work, and your creative inspiration. (500 words or 5 minutes maximum)
- Tell us about your skills and any experience you have relevant to this role. (500 words or 5 minutes max)
- Tell us about how this role will help you develop as a creative (300 words or 3 minutes maximum)
- Tell us about an idea for a creative project you would love to see happen in Peterborough someday. (500 words or 5 minutes maximum)
- This could be an idea you’ve had for Westwood Encounters, or some other idea that you would love to see happen in Peterborough.
- It could be an idea involving your own creative work, the work of other local or national creatives, or something completely different
- Tell us about the idea and why you would love to see it happen
- Please send us 3 – 4 examples of your work & links to websites/social media
Peterborough Presents seek a freelance professional creative to deliver of arts/creative activity in Westwood/Ravensthorpe in 2023.
Deadline for applications: 19th February 2023
Apply for funding to support community groups and artists deliver creative events marking International Women’s Day in March 2023
We’re looking for volunteers to help us deliver Millfield Festival. From Events and Workshop Assistants to Carnival Parade Assistants. Come join us…